Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Because I'm worth it!

This going to be a SAHM post(of me rambling) not a food post, but just in case you are wondering, we had KFC tonight!


So anyway, I had my therapy session tonight. Yeah therapy, so what! I think if more people went to therapy there wouldn't be so many jacked up people in the world.  Go talk to somebody, especially if your insurance covers it.  


As a new mom, it has been a tough transition at times.  Used to go out, get dressed up, put on make up and feel good about myself. Now, ugh, if you're a mother you know what the 'UGH' means! If you don't know, it means, "When will I get my next shower?", "Why do I smell like breastmilk?", "Did I brush my teeth today?", "Why do I have peas on my shirt?", "I can't believe I just went out in public looking like this!!!" Come on now be honest!  If you have a kid you have had moments like these and don't fake like you haven't!


Back to therapy.  I think I was having one of those moments (or weeks...ok month) where I just felt frumpy and unattractive. I didn't like what I was seeing in the mirror. It's not the same women looking back at me that was there before my husband and child.  DIVA!!!! LOL  I was going on and on to my therapist about how I felt ugly and fat and, and ,and.  She asked me what have I done for myself. NOTHING! Wait is that my fault?  I have a kid that nurse like a champion, my husband works all the time, and even though I 'work', I don't get paid, so yes, I have been putting off my massages, manicures/pedicures, and shopping sprees because of time constrains and because i don't like to spend money on frivolous things(anymore).  She, my wonderful therapist, told me that I needed these things.  You would think it was obvious but I have been holding myself back. I am frustrating myself. I told her that I didn't want to spend $40 on a pedicure when I can spend it at the grocery store.  Her response, "Your worth the $40!"  LOL  Well i hope I am worth more than 40 bucks! Anyway It sounded so simple and so silly but she is right!  I need to put me first...
Because I'm worth it! 
Why am I just realizing this?


Oh and for all you SAHMs check out this: http://swz.salary.com/momsalarywizard/layoutscripts/mswl_newsearch.asp
I found out I should be making $131,000/year  Where is my check??? LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment